Seasonal Skincare Solutions – Allergies
Spring has sprung and the brighter evenings and warmer weather is a welcome change to the cold and wet days we have all been living through in the winter however with the spring comes some seasonal skin challenges that we here in Meaghers want to help you navigate.
If you suffer from allergies or atopic skin you may see a rise in flare ups as the seasons change, as the weather gets warmer and allergens in the air increase.
Here we look at some simple tips that may help you to avoid seasonal skin flares this spring.
- If you are allergic to pollen and suffer from hay fever make sure you sleep with the windows closed and avoid drying clothes outside on a clothesline. Pollen spores are transferred in the air and can stick to clothing so wash your face and change your clothes when you come home from any extended period outside.
2. Taking an antihistamine daily can help ease the worst symptoms of hayfever and other allergies, speak to one of our pharmacists to find the best solution for you.
3. If your allergies affect the skin you may suffer from constant dryness, itchy and irritated skin and even a rash. Allergens can penetrate the skins protective layer when the skin is dry and the barrier is impaired, to prevent those allergens getting beneath the skin it is essential to implement an emollient routine for anyone who suffers from allergies. We recommend moisturising every day, regardless of the current state of the skin to prevent dryness. An emollient that you will use and enjoy using is the right one for you. Consistency is key here. One of our favourites can be used by the entire family from birth! The Lipikar AP+ contains an anti-irritant that will soothe and will also help restore the skins barrier.
La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume Ap+M
4. If your airways are affected by allergies, Salt therapy is an excellent solution to try. Many people suffer from a constant runny nose, sneezes, itchy teary eyes, and recurrent cough, it can also really affect your sleep. Salt therapy and the Salin Plus device is a natural therapy that many of our customers swear by. The salt particles break up the mucus plugs in your airways and sinuses, allowing more space for air to flow through. In addition, this results in less sleep disturbance as air tends to flow freely during sleep. It releases discomfort and flushes out the triggers for allergies.
Salin Plus Breathe Easy Salt Therapy
5. Very often sensitive areas such as our eyes can become very irritated in allergy season, it is important to soothe and protect the eye area if you suffer from allergies. If you suffer from irritation around the eyes, itching or dryness the Bioderma Atoderm 3 in 1 eye is an incredible product to try. It Immediately and durably soothes sensations of itching, reduces skin dryness and redness, Moisturises and nourishes the skin and even removes makeup, pollution particles and impurities.
Bioderma Atoderm Intensive Eye 3-in-1 Anti-Irritation Care 100ml
6. If you have an inflammatory skin condition, a sudden onset rash or redness or for those shaving the face a hydrating, moisturising and soothing mist is really useful to use throughout the day to boost the skins comfort and moisture levels. Toleriane Ultra 8 Mist contains glycerin, Allantoin and La Roche-Posay Thermal spring water so it hydrates on application and soothes skin instantly.
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra 8 Mist 100ml
7. If you suffer from irritation and inflammation on any areas of the face it is important to include an SPF in your routine, it will protect from the very harmful UV rays that will further irritate the skin. Keep your skincare very simple, choose a gentle cleanser and a soothing day treatment like La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermallergo Soothing Cream. The ingredients neurosensine, glycerin, shea butter and La Roche-Posay’s Thermal Spring Water will instantly soothe and moisturise irritated skin
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermallergo Soothing Cream 40ml
If you are suffering from seasonal allergies get in contact with our experts here in Meaghers. You can shop all your seasonal skin products in store and online at Meaghers.ie
Paid Partnership with Meaghers.
Don’t forget, as I am the Brand Ambassador for Meaghers, I have an exclusive Discount Code! Click the link below to get the Code and to see all my favourites from Meaghers.